We appreciate all of the support that you as a counselor can offer to assist students through the application process but please do not hesitate to encourage your students to contact the Office of Admission directly at 800-291-4192. It is our goal in the Office of Admissions to make the application process as smooth and transparent as possible.
Degree Partnership Programs: Oregon State University has concurrent admissions/enrollment partnerships with 17 Oregon community colleges and three Hawaii community colleges.
Application Fee Deferral
In an effort to streamline the fee deferral process for students, Oregon State has directly incorporated the questions previously outlined in the OUS Fee Deferral form into the online application. The form is no longer required.
Timeline to College
General Preparation Tips
- Maintaining a 3.0 GPA or higher will put you on the track for college. Maintaining a 3.5 GPA or higher is even better.
- Join a club, play a sport, join a choir. Find what you are passionate about. This is the prime opportunity for you to practice your leadership skills.
- Take the time to build your own character by helping others. These opportunities may open your eyes to your own career aspirations.
- Take college preparatory courses. Math, Science, Social Studies, English, World Languages, Art & Music.
- Look into AP, IB or Honors opportunities. Knowledge in these core areas will prepare you for college level learning.
Take the pre-SAT
- This test will help you know what to expect on the SAT
Maintain Your GPA
- Earning a 3.0 GPA or higher will put you on the track for college.
- Earning a 3.5 GPA or higher is even better.
Visit, Visit, Visit
- This is the year to start exploring. Attend visitation programs, take tours, & ask questions. Learn what kind of campus fits you best. Contact our Visitor Center for more information: 541-737-2626
Maintain Your GPA
- Earning a 3.0 GPA or higher will put you on the track for college. Earning a 3.5 GPA or higher is even better.
Take the SAT or ACT
- May/June of your Junior. year is a great time to take these tests. This will allow you to complete a portion of the College Admissions process early. If you are not happy with your scores, you then allow yourself the entire summer to re-take the exam.
- Many universities offer fall visitation programs. This is a great opportunity to talk with an Admissions Advisor as you narrow down which schools you are applying to.
- OSU's priority application deadline is February 1st. However, we highly recommend that you apply much earlier. The earlier you apply the better.
- Sumbmit Application (includes Insight Resume & Scholarship Application)
- Send SAT or ACT test scores to OSU (Please include the writing portion for each exam)
- Submit all most recent transcripts
- Apply for Financial Aid. January of your senior year is when you will have access to theFAFSA. Please submit your FAFSA by February 28th.
You're IN!! What's Next??
Attend an OSU Night
- Our programs take place throughout Oregon, Washington, California, Alaska & Hawaii. Here, you can speak with Academic Advisors, Financial Aid, University Housing and Dining Services, Admissions & New Student Programs.
Pay your ATD
- The Advanced Tuition Deposit is a $200 payment on your Fall term tuition. By making this payment, you are indicating to us that you plan to enroll in the Fall. You must pay the ATD before you are allowed to sign up for START orientation.
Apply for Housing
- The earlier you apply the more likely you are to get your first choice in housing. Where you live on campus is very important. You will need to submit your housing application, select a roommate and select your room. Not sure where to live?? Check out our housing options. If you have more questions about housing please call 800.291.4192
Register for START, New Student Orientation
- Remember, you must have paid your ATD. Registration for START traditionally opens in May. Select the session that works best for your schedule and remember that some sessions are for transfer students only. We also offer a bilingual session. Bring Mom and Dad, and get ready for some serious Beaver Spirit!! You will walk away from START with new friends, your Beaver ID card, valuable campus knowledge, and your fall schedule!!
Always ask QUESTIONS
- If you have any questions, please call the Office of Admissions at Oregon State University at 541-737-4411.