Brian Williams Sends Apology, Still Waiting for Brokaw

January 22nd, 2009

Hey everyone. I just got word that NBC Nightly News Anchor Brian Williams, who mistook OSU Men’s Basketball Coach Craig Robinson for the personal assistant to President Obama, Reggie Love, during the presidential inauguration on Tuesday, emailed an apology to the Oregonian and The Daily Barometer for the error. Here’s a copy of the email, which can be found on the Oregonian and Barometer websites:

To the Oregon State Community,

My sincere apology. Whatever you have called me over the past few days can’t be any worse than my own anger over my mistake. I made an inexcusable error when I confused the great OSU coach Craig Robinson with a friend of mine, the personal assistant to President Obama, Reggie Love. I am sending personal apologies to both men, and this is my apology to all members of Beaver Nation. It was a mistake committed during 9 hours of live programming – I was distracted and watching many incoming video feeds, but that’s no excuse for the error, which was no one’s fault but mine. I have felt awful about it since I forced myself to read the coverage of it on OregonLive.com, and I hope that someday you can find it in your hearts to forgive my error.

Brian Williams

Brian Williams

(photo from msnbc.com)

Respectfully,
Brian Williams
Anchor and Managing Editor
NBC Nightly News

Apology accepted, B-Dub. Still waiting for you, Mr. Brokaw. :)

-mko

5 Responses to “Brian Williams Sends Apology, Still Waiting for Brokaw”

1. Dotza says:

Wow. What a great letter of apology. Really, I’m not all that surprised. Brian Williams has always seemed like a really classy guy. Seriously, it was an honest mistake. Good of him to get on the ball (no pun intended) and get a letter of apology in the mail.

2. Russell says:

LOL…
    well, yea.. you have to give the guy some credit.. :D

I even call my kids by the wrong names sometimes.. lol

3. Devid John says:

Nice letter of Apology. I am surprised.

4. Kenith Gay says:

Nice job buddy. Great Apology letter. Thanks for this latter.

5. Redona Veith says:

At least he has the balls to apologize. People rarely do that nowadays.