OSU On Fire

August 18th, 2008

You may have read JM’s posting on how OSU is currently a construction zone. This morning, that progressed into a fire hazard as people were forced to evacuate Kerr Administration Building. No word on the official cause of the alarm, but it made for an interesting first day of work for Lindsay Mitchell, the newest member of the Recruit Team for the Office of Admissions. Welcome, Lindsay!

If anyone has the scoop on the reason for the evacuation, feel free to share in the comment section below. Everything is safe and sound and back to normal thanks to the Corvallis Fire Department but check out the photos of this Monday morning mayhem.

–mko

5 Responses to “OSU On Fire”

1. Megan Beresford says:

Official word. . . the fumes from the tar used on the new roof somehow got into the ventilation system. Fumes = fire alarm!!

2. Fishy says:

Maybe I can get my fish tank to put the fire out. Someone help me move it from my dorm?

3. James says:

@ Fishy:

That’s comedy!

4. Khalid says:

Wow, the one day I chose to come down to Corvy to settle some admin stuff was the day that this happened. That’s irony.
    I wondered what all the emergency vehicles were about; I was in Kerr and no one mentioned a thing about it to me.

5. [...] public links >> campusmap Parking and Building Information Saved by shivam on Tue 16-12-2008 OSU On Fire Saved by vjtj on Tue 09-12-2008 H2B Update – Only 3 Weeks Left! Saved by prakash on Sun [...]