Oregon NAME Conference set for May 6th, 2008

April 21st, 2008

Oregon NAME

Just got an email from Dr. Terryl Ross, Director of the Office of Community and Diversity, announcing the 2008 NAME (National Association for Multicultural Education) Conference.

From their flier:

This conference provides a forum for discussion by teachers, teacher educators and school administrators on the subjects of diversity, culture, equity and justice. Keynote addresses, presentations, workshops, movie documentaries, and panel discussions will address unique and promising ways of doing multicultural education in the 21st century.

One strand will address the needs of classroom teachers who are implementing multicultural curriculum and teaching strategies. The second strand will include topics of interest to teachers, teacher educators, and policy-makers.

Here are the details:

OREGON NAME CONFERENCE

Tuesday, May 6 2008

8:00am-8:30pm

La Sells Stewart Center

Doing Multicultural Education for Achievement and Equity

If you are interested in registering for the Oregon NAME Conference, you can do so on their website.

-jm

4 Responses to “Oregon NAME Conference set for May 6th, 2008”

1. Marie says:

I really liked this information. Nice work!

2. Movie-Critic says:

Hi, I can’t understand how to add your site in my rss reader. Can you Help me, please :)

3. Alise Debois says:

Nice theme – did you build it?

4. Book reviews says:

Hi, I can’t understand how to add your site in my rss reader. How can I do this?