Chelsea Clinton Makes Stop at OSU

April 14th, 2008

Chelsea Clinton, daughter of Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Hillary Clinton, made a stop at Oregon State University and spoke in the Memorial Union Main Lounge on Saturday. To a large crowd of mostly OSU students, faculty, staff and members of the Corvallis and various other communities, Chelsea answered a number of questions from the audience and expressed her mother’s views.

I found it funny the right outside the MU, the OSU Beavers baseball team were in the middle of a game in Goss Stadium against the Stanford Cardinals. Chelsea Clinton is a Standford alum. “I’m very sorry but I’m hoping for a different outcome,” she admitted to the audience of mostly Beaver fans during her speech, some of whom left the game to hear her. “I hope that you won’t hold that against me,” she continued, with a loud laugh from the attendees. Her presence on the campus of the two time defending national champions seemed to have worked: the Cardinals won 6-4 :(

I think it’s great that political campaigns are beginning to make stops at Beaver Nation. Chelsea Clinton is the first official representative from the three major presidential candidates this year to visit the OSU campus as part of the stump. Sen. Hillary Clinton last visited the university in November 1996 as the nation’s First Lady and spoke in front of the Women’s Building to a crowd of about 4,000 supporters. Below are some photos and footage of Chelsea Clinton’s event. You can check out the Gazette Times website and see a better quality video of the Chelsea Clinton event. You’ll also see her give a shout out to the Beaver-Cardinal game and how she also humorously confused the OSU fight song that plays every day at 5:00pm for an ice cream truck passing by. I can’t blame her. It was hot out.

From the Democrat Herald website:

From the Daily Barometer website:

That’s all for now. I’ll add more photos later if I can dig some up.
–mko

The Oregon State University Admissions Blog is a synopsis of some of the most prominent coverage of OSU people, events and programs. Inclusion of any item constitutes neither an endorsement nor a critique, but rather is intended only to make the OSU community aware of significant items/events on campus and in the Corvallis community.

One Response to “Chelsea Clinton Makes Stop at OSU”

1. Karly says:

How exciting! I wish I would have been there to see Chelsea speak. I am excited to see that Corvallis has become a stop on the Presidential campaign. I just wish the baseball team would have won.