OSU wins Pac-10 Wrestling Championship

February 26th, 2007

Kudos to the Beavers and to first-year head coach Jim Zalesky to winning the Pac-10 Wrestling Tournament this past weekend.

Beavers are Pac-10 Champions!

From osubeavers.com:

The No. 16 Oregon State University wrestling team captured the Pac-10 Championship for the first time since 1994, edging the host Cal State-Bakersfield Roadrunners at the Icardo Center Sunday. The Beavers finished the tournament with a team score of 110 points, while the Roadrunners had 105 and UC Davis 96.5.

From the Pac-10 official website:

Oregon State Edges Host Bakersfield For First Title In 13 Years
2/25/2007 – Host Cal State Bakersfield made a huge surge toward the top of the standings, but in the end it was Oregon State who held off the Roadrunners to pick up its first conference title since 1994 at the 2007 Pac-10 Wrestling Championships at the Icardo Center on Sunday. After holding a huge lead after day one, the host Roadrunners made a big push after the morning session of wrestling on Sunday to move within nine points of the leaders and give themselves a shot of the team title. Bakersfield actually tied the team score after the 165 pound matches at 103 points, but Oregon State earned wins in three of the final four weight classes to pull out the title.

The Beavers will send six wrestlers to the NCAA Championships at the Palace of Auburn Hills just outside of Detroit, Mich., on Mar. 15-17.

GO BEAVS!
-bv

4 Responses to “OSU wins Pac-10 Wrestling Championship”

1. HR Blog says:

Congratulations! Can’t wait for an Arizona Wildcats vs. Oregon State Beavers matchup!

2. Juicer says:

Great job guys! Good luck this season, keep up the great work!

3. Soroush Zare says:

I am an Iranian professional wrestler. I start wrestling when I was 7 years old.so up to now I have gained several valuable medals in wrestling.In the other hand, I am senior of Health Safety, and Environmental (HSE) engineering with a high GPA.
    is there any ful scholar ship situation for me. By th way, If you want I can send you some of my wrestling certificates by mail to you.
    your quick response will be appreciated
    sincerely yours
    Soroush zare
    senior of HSE eng
    Abadan Institu of Technology (A.I.T),Iran

4. nice work guys! go beav !