OSU Director of Admission Honored

April 17th, 2006

This evening in San Diego, Michele Sandlin, OSU Director of Admission was awarded the inaugural Thomas A. Bilger Citation for Service by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) at the Association’s annual national conference.

Michele Sandlin is presented with the AACRAO Service Award Michele Sandlin stands with the daughter and widow of Thomas Bilger, the namesake of the award.

While the actual nomination is rather long, the highlights include Michele’s service as Chair of AACRAO’s Admissions Practices and Policies Committee, development of the Admission Management 101 workshops, coordinator of the Admission Institutes (now a permanent piece of AACRAO professional development offerings), Program Coordinator for Admission and Enrollment Management for AACRAO conferences, numerous presentations through AACRAO, and recruitment of outstanding professionals in admission to add value to Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) and AACRAO meetings. Throughout, she has helped develop a holistic admission system implementation plan at OSU.

Michele Sandlin at AACRAO Congratulations, Michele!

-bv

14 Responses to “OSU Director of Admission Honored”

1. Claire says:

Way to go, Michele! What an honor, and you thoroughly deserve it for all your hard work.
    Congratulations!

2. Matt Ogawa says:

Hooray, Michele! It could go to no better person! Congratulations!

3. Karthleen Bradach says:

Congratulations! I’m so happy for you!

4. Carl Thomas says:

Wow!! This is absolutely awesome! Michele, I am very proud of you (really!). It’s great that other people know and recognize you as a hardworking and intelligent admissions professional. I have no doubt that many of them also know what a wonderful and fun person you are! Way to go!

5. Martha Pitts says:

Congratulations Michelle. They could not have chosen someone more fitting to honor. It is a fitting thanks for all you have done.

6. Palmer Muntz says:

Michele, AACRAO is such an enormous organization, this award is a real tribute to your engagement in their efforts and your positive contribution to the profession. It is certainly rare to be singled out for recognition in an association the size of AACRAO. Congratulations!

7. Larry Roper says:

Michele, I have tremendous admiration for your leadership. I am thrilled that AACRAO has recognized your contributions to admissions nationally. We are blessed to have you as a friend and colleague.

8. Lisa Rosenberg says:

Congratulations, Michele–I’m proud of AACRAO for making such a find selection.

9. Jennifer Specter says:

Way to go, Pogo!

10. Jennifer Specter says:

Congratulations, Michele. I am very proud of you!

11. Marvin McConoughey says:

I’m not convinced that OSU’s new admissions approach is better than the previous system. Does a scholarly examination of the old versus the new system exist? If so, where and how can it be accessed?

12. […] Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) before on this blog. She has been recognized for developing a holistic admissions policy and for her service in the […]

13. […] were able to sit in on a session with Director of Admissions, Michele Sandlin. The topics centered on OSU’s Holistic Admissions policy and the new Bridge to Success […]

14. jiangshui says:

Dear teacher,
    My name is jiangshui,an international student in china.I have already paid my application fee.by means of money order.But the other documents are not finished yet.That is to say, I have to post all things to you in one month around.
    Now I just want you to check my application status for my money is already been sent.
    Thanks a lot!

Yours truly,
    Jiangshui