Getting the word out
In Corvallis and across the state
Getting the word out about your events has come along way from print media being your only option. Check out our list for online calendars and outreach (excel document). Select the location and audience that you would like to target before starting your outreach.
Consider paid media to promote your event. Check out the rate cheat sheet (word document) to get some ballpark ideas for how much it costs to run an advertisement in print.
Student Organization and Residence Hall Mailbox Distribution
Interested in distributing information about a recognized student organization's or university-sponsored event to other student organizations with mailboxes on campus? It is easy.. just follow this list by preparing enough copies of the information for each location, and then distribute accordingly.
NOTE: No fundraising solicitation can be sent through campus mail, no commercial mailings - this should be only for recognized student organization events or university sponsored events.
Greek System (MU 016)
- 42 mailboxes- drop off 42 copies to the Greek Life Office.
Memorial Union Program Council (MUPC)
- Hundreds, but only about 50 are active... Drop off 50 copies at the main desk.
Display options at Dining Centers
Reserve Dinning Center locations for the following media at UHDS in Poling with Debbie Kuehn (7-3477) at beginning of year or term:
- Table tents
- Display cases
UHDS Residence Halls and Cooperative Houses
Prepare each set of copies according to Hall name. You can drop off each Hall's packet at the University Housing and Dining Services Office, 102 Buxon Hall, to be distributed into each Hall Director's mailbox. (The hall director will distribute one copy per floor in the residence hall.)
- Halsell Hall 5 floors + 1 director = 6 copies
- McNary Hall 6 floors + 1 director = 7 copies
- Poling Hall 5 floors + 1 director = 6 copies
- Weatherford Hall 5 floors + 1 director = 6 copies
- Sackett Hall 24 floors + 1 director = 25 copies
- Bloss Hall 7 floors + 1 director = 8 copies
- Buxton Hall 5 floors + 1 director = 6 copies
- Callahan Hall 6 floors + 1 director = 7 copies
- Cauthorn Hall 5 floors + 1 director = 6 copies
- Finley Hall 7 floors + 1 director = 8 copies
- Hawley Hall 5 floors + 1 director = 6 copies
- West Hall 5 floors + 1 director = 6 copies
- Wilson Hall 6 floors + 1 director = 7 copies
- Avery Lodge 1 copy
- Azalea House 1 copy
- Dixon Lodge 1 copy
- Oxford House 1 copy
- Steve Swanson (News and Communications, Admin Services #416L)
- 1 mailbox (send via campus mail or drop off)
Sports Clubs (in Dixon Rec. Center)
- 33 mailboxes... Distribute to each box.
Associated Students Center (ASC)
- 55 mailboxes (this includes the cultural centers, Women's center, and Pride center) you will need to distribute the copies to each box yourself.
A more detailed poster distribution list.