Tutor Position Announcement
Tutoring students in specific courses and communicating with Academics for Student Athletes (ASA) staff about student progress are the two coequal purposes of this position.
- Tutor students in both content areas and academic skills (time management, note taking, organization, etc.).
- Keep your availability (day/time and course) up to date on our online scheduling system.
- Make note of when students sign up on your schedule, and meet with them at that day/time in the Beth Ray Center.
- Document all sessions thoroughly using ASA’s online documentation system.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with diverse populations.
- Differentiate instruction/assistance to match the strengths of the student.
- Take initiative to communicate directly, as situations warrant, with ASA Counselors.
- Attend mandatory trainings at the beginning of each term and as offered throughout the term.
- Follow the letter and spirit of all ASA, OSU, and NCAA regulations.
- Must be punctual and extremely trustworthy.
- Must be able to work independently and effectively without constant direct supervision.
Please note: Our current hiring need is for tutors who can assist with the following courses: BA 211, 213, 215; BI 101, 102, 103, 211, 212, 213, 231, 232, 233 (the former Z 331, 332, and 333); CH 121, 122, 123, 231, 232, 233, 331, 334; ECON 201, 202; H 210; PH 201, 202, 203, 211, 212, 213; first and second year SPAN; ST 201, 351, 352.
$9.10/hour for undergrads, $11/hour for post-bacc and graduate students, $13/hour for students with teaching licenses. Modest yearly raises with performance.
Required Application Documents
- Learning Services Application
- All postsecondary transcripts
- Cover Letter
- The cover letter is your space to demonstrate to us why you are qualified for this position. If you carry a GPA lower than a 3.0 or have not yet attained junior standing, please explain in your cover letter why you feel you are still qualified for this position and what your experiences would bring to your work in our office. All applications that demonstrate the candidate is holistically qualified will be considered, regardless of GPA or class standing. (Thus, applicants who meet minimum guidelines carry a burden of proof as well.)
Submit your application through our user-friendly webform.