Last spring, a campus-wide survey was conducted to evaluate the smoke-free policy on the Corvallis campus and gauge the reaction of students, faculty and staff, including both nonsmokers and smokers.
Questions of primary interested included:
- What is the level of awareness on campus about the policy, among students, faculty and staff?
- What are the levels of support for the new OSU policy among students, faculty and staff?
- What has been the level of compliance with the smoke-free campus policy?
- What is the current prevalence of cigarette smoking among students, faculty, and staff on the Corvallis campus?
- How have smokers on campus reacted to the smoke-free campus policy?
Please select below to download an executive summary of the report and a presentation prepared for the OSU Faculty Senate in December 2013:
Executive summary (PDF)