October 1, 2003
- Welcome and introductions
- Review and discussion of the committee's purpose
- Set times for future meetings
- Consideration of committee's agenda for year
Last spring, at our last library committee meeting, the group brainstormed some possible agenda items for this year's committee. Some ideas for next year's committee:
- The committee should monitor these upcoming campus changes in plan 2007 - and the budget.
- We should invite the new president to talk, but during the screening process ask the candidates what they've done for libraries at their universities. (Mark will collect ideas for questions to ask candidates.)
- We may want to arrange a meeting with our counterparts at UofO to discuss the shared collections and other issues.
- We should find ways to ensure students are involved in the library.
- We can ask students what/how to use the library.
- Use internal, targeted, surveys from the faculty and students to gauge library use/needs, and to help to identity the important needs.