April 9, 2008
3:30-5:00 – The Valley Library Drinkward Room
- Discuss the current status of scholarly communications/open access at OSU and other U.S. universities, such as Harvard, which has taken the lead in mandating that faculty deposit their articles in the institutional archive.
- Michael Boock will report on his communications with Harvard – as background, please review the article at http://www.libraryjournal.com/info/CA6532658.html
- Faye Chadwell will report on her work with the national scholarly communications group on trends/issues/concerns at other universities - as background, please review the article at: http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/01/changing-paradigm.html
- The FSLC will have an opportunity to weigh in on the next steps that should be taken to move this issue forward at OSU and come up with a workable plan, particularly for the next academic year. For those of you not familiar with the FSLC series of articles from ‘OSU This Week,’ please review the articles and reviews available from the FSLC collections in ScholarsArchive@OSU: http://ir.library.oregonstate.edu/dspace/handle/1957/1747.
- Report from the Library (Librarian designee)