Review current listing of active student organizations to determine if a similar organization currently exhists. If not, START ONE!
How to get Started
- If you have not done so already, please review the Student Organization Classification information in order to get a sense of what is required of each categorization moving forward. Only two of the three classifications - Sponsored & Voluntary Student Organizations - are recognized by the University. Non-Affiliated Student Organizations are not University recognized and are simply registered.
- Depending on your prospective organization classification, identify a minimum of 4-10 OSU students (including yourself) interested in supporting the creation of your new organization.
- Develop a Constitution/Governing Document for your organization including the minumum proscribed guidelines
- Review the Registration & Recognition information for an overview of the materials that need to be submitted.
- Schedule a time to meet with a representative from the Student Events & Activities Center in order:
- To determine if a similar organization is currently active or to access historical information and governing documents of a similar group that might be currently inactive.
- To discuss the details of and continue the process of becoming a registered/recognized student organization.
- To schedule an appointment, visit us in MU 103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your first and last name, the name and short description of the type of organizaiton you want to start, your phone number and if available, a copy of your constitution.