Do you like working with kids? Want a job on campus? Apply to be a Campus Field Trip Leader!
Job Description: Student will lead K-12 students during their sponsored field trips to OSU, provide campus tours and work with the Precollege Programs Coordinator to organize activities for the groups. Schedule permitting assistance with the actual visit to OSU will be required. When there are no groups, the student will do light office work assisting the Office of Precollege Programs and other youth outreach programs.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing campus tours to visiting school and community groups, escorting groups to activities/presentations and answering applicable questions.
- Acting as an ambassador and representative for both OSU and Precollege Programs.
- Working in the office, creating information packets for groups, assisting with advertising opportunities, helping with mailings and other organizational tasks.
- Assisting other precollege programs at events and in the office.
- Being flexible to do a variety of tasks that may arise, with a schedule that might change week-to-week.
Job Qualifications: Must have experience working with youth, especially middle school students, and have demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to lead large groups. Students should be able to effectively communicate with K-12 students, as well as teachers and faculty. Should be self-directed and motivated individuals who are able to adapt to changing circumstances. The job also requires extensive walking, familiarity with campus, and a flexible schedule. Spanish language skills are a plus.
Department: Precollege Programs – Supervisor: Katie Neiert – Dates: Academic Year 2012-13
Please email cover letter describing why you are interested in and qualified for this position. Also attach resume with 2-3 professional references and an unofficial transcript. If chosen for an interview, you will be required to submit your fall class schedule.
Email all materials to email@example.com by Friday, June 8th.