DPP for Students
Welcome to the Degree Partnership Program (DPP), your pathway to completing a university degree more quickly and more affordably. Previously named "Dual Enrollment", this program allows you to be jointly admitted and enrolled at Oregon State University and any community college partner. The program is open to all U.S. citizens and residents pursuing their bachelor's degree. International students may also be in the DPP program with Linn-Benton Community College and Portland Community College, but are required to work with their International Advisors.
Advantages of Degree Partnership Enrollment:
- Lower tuition costs at community colleges
- Work with your community college advisor and your OSU advisor at the same time
- One application and one application fee
- Financial aid counts enrollment at both institutions for the same term (for qualified students)
- Take up to 10 consecutive terms at the community college and remain active as an OSU student
- Increased flexibility in scheduling with access to more classes through the community college, on-site at OSU, and with online courses offered though the OSU Ecampus
- Access to libraries, computer labs, and other services on both campuses (subject to an additional fee)
- Eligibility to live in on-campus residences and participate in campus dining plan. Eligible to live in the Gem apartments as an upper-class student. Note: Graduate students are not eligible for DPP.
- Apply for scholarships at both OSU and your partner school
- Planning on moving to Corvallis with yourself and/or your family in the next few years? Once you are a DPP student (even if you are not taking OSU classes), you can put your name on the Family Housing waitlist or the OSU Childcare waitlist!
- Dual enrollment at OSU and the community college
- Once you take an OSU class, you will be locked into a set of OSU degree catalog requirements (until then, your degree requirements will be subject to change).
- Transcripts automatically sent from the partner college to OSU at the end of each term and articulated so you can see how your grades transfer and count towards your degree (MyDegrees).
* Current DPP students taking classes at their partner schools: it can take 4-6 weeks before your grades from the community collge are sent and fully articulated (so they show up on OSU transcripts and MyDegrees) at OSU. Spring Term transcripts arrived during the last week of June.
* Fall 2015 DPP Application deadline is September 7th, 2015
* If you are a DPP student with Linn-Benton Community College (LBCC) and need a prerequisite override, please click here and complete the Prerequisite Override Request Form. Once the form is received, LBCC Admissions will then assist you in getting the override for the class you are interested in.