OPA's mission is to bring together OSU-affiliated postdocs in a social setting in order to build a postdoc community on campus, to identify needs for professional development and well-being, and to communicate those needs to the university.
To download a PDF copy of the OPA Charter click here.
- To mentor one another and forge professional and personal connections among all OSU-affiliated postdocs.
- To coordinate and collaborate on professional and personal development opportunities for all OSU-affiliated postdocs.
- To raise awareness of professional development opportunities; and to improve the campus climate for all OSU-affiliated postdocs.
OPA's Board currently consists of eight individuals, devided into two categories: executive members and additional positions. Please click here to meet all current members of the OPA board. OPA board members meet on a regular basis to discuss about issues relevant to OSU postdoc community. Minutes from our meetings may be found here.
- Executive members: Chair, Vice-chair, Secretary and Treasurer.
- Additional positions: Membership coordinator, Committee coordinator, Grants coordinator, Public Relations coordinator and Webmaster.
All postdocs at Oregon State University are automatically members of the OPA. They may choose to participate in any or all the events that are organized, or may opt out of our mailing list if they choose not to participate in or be advised of any of our activities.