- Int'l Programs
- Int'l Degree & Education Abroad
- Int'l Student Advising & Services
- Int'l Scholar & Faculty Services
Education Abroad Program Costs
Programs can vary in cost, from less than attending OSU to more than private school tuition. It can be a challenge to find the total cost of attendance for your time abroad. Here are some tips and tools to help you get to the bottom line.
Use program provider websites and read the fine print; Make sure to compare programs accurately using the budget planning worksheet. A few things to consider:
- Is tuition included in the program fee?
- Does the housing plan include some or all meals?
- Will you need to travel to a consulate to obtain a student visa before leaving?
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, ask! Your Education Abroad Advisor or program coordinator can give you detailed information.
Account for additional and up-front fees such as
- Application fee: $25-100
- Confirmation deposit: $250-500
- Housing deposit: $300-500
- Airfare: $500-2500
- Visa fees & travel: $200-1000
Remember that it costs over $23,000/year to attend OSU as an Oregon resident, and over $38,000/year as a non-resident. We offer many programs that are competitive with the resident cost, and more affordable than the non-resident cost.