- Associate Provost Int'l Programs
- Int'l Degree & Education Abroad
- Int'l Student Advising & Services
- Int'l Scholar & Faculty Services
See the Application Fee page for details.
Order an official transcript to be sent to your study abroad advisor or program coordinator by the application deadline. Your program may require an additional official transcript if you are enrolling at a university abroad.
Order one transcript from each institution you have attended and have earned 15 credits or more.
Students who wish to go as 'exchange' will need to meet minimum criteria in order to be considered, which include:
1. Attend a "First Steps" meeting, discuss your intentions to study via exchange with an "Ambassador," your references, family members and Academic Advisor. Review Application Checklist for planning of application submissions.
2. Fill out OSU's Study Abroad application (here: https://studyabroad.oregonstate.edu/apply/).
3. Refer to the Sussex course descriptions for intended class schedule (classes are called "modules") to be taken in term(s) abroad. Review this with your Academic Advisor using Academic Planning form, downloadable here: http://oregonstate.edu/international/studyabroad/academic.
4. Download Sussex University's application forms and fill out as best you are able, including courses identified above. Application information and downloadable materials are here: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/sabroad/guide2012/applying
5. Arrange for 2 references to be sent to Heckart Lodge, to the attention of: Sussex Exchange Coodinator (Dawn Moyer). See the References page for details. References may submit the printable form, a letter, or email the Coordinator directly.
6. Complete essays describing your interest in study abroad and a bit about yourself.
7. Submit the following to the IDEA UK coordinator:
A passport valid for six months beyond your program is required. Apply for a passport immediately if you have not done so already. Visit travel.state.gov for an application.
See the References page for details.
All students are required to return this form before they travel abroad. See the Health Disclosure Form page for details.
All students are required to complete this form, with the assitance of their Academic Advisor. See the Academic Planning Form page for details.
All students are required to attend general pre-departure orientation. View orientation dates and registration.
There will be an on-site orientation at Sussex once you arrive, and participants are required to attend the OSU pre-departure Orientation the term before they leave. This will provide information on the UK in general as well as an opportunity to connect with others who have studied at Sussex, or British students studying at OSU.
You may be required to obtain a student visa for England. As of 2008, students studying for more than 6 months require a visa. If your program of study is less than 6 months, you do not need a visa to enter the UK. Students studying 6 months or longer will need to apply for a "Tier 4" visa.
There are several steps to the application, including travel to a regional center to be fingerprinted.
All students are encouraged to visit their primary care provider before going abroad. Information about immunizations and travel health can be obtained from the Travel Medicine Clinic at Student Health Services.
File FAFSA and apply for financial aid for the term(s) of your program.
IDEA will submit a financial aid budget with your estimated cost of attendance to the Office of Financial Aid the term prior to your departure so that your aid award may be adjusted.
Use this form to estimate the total cost of your attendance on the program. Visit the Budget Worksheet page for details. Exchange students can expect to pay their OSU tuition and some fees, and students going on "Study Abroad" will pay fees for tuition directly to Sussex (See here for 2012-13 fees: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/sabroad/guide2012/applying/fees).
Select File > Print in your browser to print this checklist.