- Int'l Programs
- Int'l Degree & Education Abroad
- Int'l Student Advising & Services
- Int'l Scholar & Faculty Services
Check-in and Orientation
Mandatory J-1 Visa Check-in & Orientation (Registration)
Why check in?
All J-1 Exchange Visitors must check in with ISFS upon arriving in Corvallis. You are not eligible for services on campus (for example receiving an OSU ID card or email service), nor can you be added to payroll before completing your check-in and orientation.
Why is this required?
Your J-1 Program must be validated in SEVIS by ISFS. Failure to complete your registration will result in DHS terminating your J-1 status-you will not be eligible to legally enter the U.S. nor work at OSU.
- You must register with OSU's International Scholar & Faculty Services (ISFS) as soon as you arrive on campus.
- The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) allows exchange visitors to enter the U.S. up to 30 days before or 30 days after the program start date.
- If you cannot arrive and report to ISFS within 30 days of your program start date, notify an International Scholar Advisor immediately.
How do I schedule my check-in?
Please call (541) 737-3006, or come to Heckart Lodge to sign up with the help of the International Programs receptionist.
When can I check-in?
Orientations are held every Thursday morning beginning at 10:00 am in Heckart Lodge. You will be asked to fill out the Biographical Information Sheet when you arrive and sign the Responsibilities of a J-1 Exchange Visitor at OSU form.
What must I bring with me?
Scholars must bring the following documents for themselves and any J-2 dependents who have accompanied them to the US:
- J-1 Visa stamp
- Paper copy of I-94 Arrival Record (you can access and print the I-94 from this website: http://www.cbp.gov/I94)
- Training/Internship Placement Plan or T/IPP (Student Interns only)