Cascade Print VI
Cascade Print Exchange VI
Dear Print Artists,
On behalf of the Department of Art at Oregon State University, I would like to invite you to participate in the Cascade Print Exchange VI.
This exchange is open to approximately the first 150 entered participants and will be comprised of printmakers from the United States and abroad. There is no entry fee in lieu of the donation of two prints from the exchange to the Printmaking Program in the Department of Art at Oregon State University.
Below is a list of requirements and the submission date for this project.
• Deadline Date: Prints and related materials must be received by January 31st, 2012. Late submissions cannot be accepted. Early submissions are encouraged.
• Media: Intaglio, Relief, Lithography, Serigraphy, or any combination of these.
• Paper size: 5 inches by 7 inches. Print/image size is open. Paper must be archival.
• Exchange requirements: an edition of 15 identical hand-pulled, original prints made for
this exchange. Please insert interleaving or glassine cover sheets between each print, cut into paper size.
• Additional requirements: each print must be signed and numbered. In addition, each print must be accompanied with the following information written on the back of each print: Required: Artist name, title, year and media (required)
Optional (not required): Contact information: e-mail address and/or physical address
• SASE: 9 x 12 inch (or larger) envelope with $4.00 postage must be received with submission (domestic). For international entries: 8.5 x 11 inch envelope with return address plus six international reply coupons must be received with submission. For information about international reply coupons please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_reply_coupon
• For our records and for exhibition purposes, please include a one page typewritten bio/resumé with the submission.
A portfolio of 13 randomly selected prints plus a catalog of all entries will be mailed to each participant. Please do not contact us about the status of the portfolio prints as the process of correlating and creating the catalog takes time. We will distribute the prints by late spring 2012.
Please RSVP by e-mail to Yhiratsuka@oregonstate.edu Mail submission to: Yuji Hiratsuka Department of Art, 106 Fairbanks Hall
Oregon State University