- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
Change Contact Information
ALERT - Dangerous computer malware
CryptoLocker is dangerous, malicious computer software that encrypts your data files (word, powerpoint, pictures, music, videos, etc.). The nefarious individuals then hold your data for ransom and try to extort money from you.
Learn more about this risk and how to protect yourself here - http://oregonstate.edu/helpdocs/safety-and-security/computer-viruses-fraud/computer-viruses/cryptolocker-dangerous-ransomware
To update your contact information for OSU Alert
- Go to alert.oregonstate.edu and click on "Enter your emergency contact information"
- Log in with your ONID email and OSU ID? number
- Review your information and, if correct, click "Yes, This is Correct"
- Enter the characters in the image, which are case sensitive, and click "Next"
- If your address is not recognized, you will see different options for possible addresses. Click the radio button next to the correct address and click "Use Selected Address"
- When you are done, you can close the browser window/tab
Opting out of OSU Alert
Contact the OSU Computer Helpdesk through the methods listed on the right "Supported by" block to opt out of OSU Alert. However, please understand that this system will be the primary means of communication in an emergency and your life may depend on getting information in a timely way.