- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
What is OSU Alert?
OSU Alert is an emergency notification system that allows our public safety officials to contact students and employees via phone, email and text messaging. In an emergency, the system will try all means of notifying each person via the contact information they have provided. It is important that you enter your contact information by logging into the OSU Alert portal. (See below for help getting started.)
Who can use OSU Alert?
Only OSU students and employees are entered into the system (no affiliates).
How do I access or sign-up for OSU Alert?
You will need to create an account with Blackboard Connect, and then associate that account with your OSU contact information.
- Set up an account in Blackboard Connect:
- Go to https://osualert.bbcportal.com
- Click "Sign me up!" on the right [Click for Picture]
- Fill in your name and email address (you can use your ONID address here, or another address) [Click for Picture]
- Set a password. The password must be at least 8 characters long and include a number; special characters are not allowed [Click for Picture]
- You will receive an email message from "Blackboard Connect: Account Activation” – click on the link in the email to activate the new account
- Fill out the security questions to complete sign-up [Click for Picture]
- Login and associate your account with your OSU contact:
- Login to the portal using the email address and password you set in the above steps
- When it asks for an identification code, enter your OSU ID? number [Click for Picture]
- Enter your ONID email address or OSU phone number to search for your contact [Click for Picture]
- The system will look for an OSU contact record for you; when it finds it, choose “Associate”
- The system will then walk you through a menu where you can verify your preferred language and contact information [Click for Picture]
Opting out of OSU Alert
Contact the OSU Computer Helpdesk through the methods listed on the right "Supported by" block to opt out of OSU Alert. However, please understand that this system will be the primary means of communication in an emergency and your life may depend on getting information in a timely way.
For more information visit http://alert.oregonstate.edu.