- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
Voice Mail Setup
ALERT - Dangerous computer malware
CryptoLocker is dangerous, malicious computer software that encrypts your data files (word, powerpoint, pictures, music, videos, etc.). The nefarious individuals then hold your data for ransom and try to extort money from you.
Learn more about this risk and how to protect yourself here - http://oregonstate.edu/helpdocs/safety-and-security/computer-viruses-fraud/computer-viruses/cryptolocker-dangerous-ransomware
How to setup your voice mailbox
1. Get the default voice mailbox password from your department telephone coordinator.
2. Dial 7-7111.
3. Login with the default password and press the pound key.
4. A tutorial will play and prompt you to:
- Change your password - your password must be between 5-15 digits, cannot start with a zero, cannot be your phone number, cannon be repetitive (e.g.-77777), and cannot be consecutive numbers (e.g.-123456).
- Record your name
- Record a Personal Greeting
- Record a Please Hold prompt (Optional)
5. Please allow at least 10 minutes before accessing your mailbox again to allow setup to complete.
Optional mailbox configuration