- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
Connecting to Exchange
ALERT - Dangerous computer malware
CryptoLocker is dangerous, malicious computer software that encrypts your data files (word, powerpoint, pictures, music, videos, etc.). The nefarious individuals then hold your data for ransom and try to extort money from you.
Learn more about this risk and how to protect yourself here - http://oregonstate.edu/helpdocs/safety-and-security/computer-viruses-fraud/computer-viruses/cryptolocker-dangerous-ransomware
Before you try to set up any device, you need the following information and settings to connect to Exchange?:
- Your Exchange username (not the same as your email address)
- Your initial password (which you will change)
- Your email address
- The domain you work in
- The preferred email client your department wants you to use
Remember that your IT consultant can provide you with this information. And if you run into problems getting connected, have your IT consultant help you out.
Connect to Exchange on Your OSU Computer
Once you have the above information, visit http://oregonstate.edu/helpdocs/email/exchange (link opens in new window) and click on the Setup Information for the email client that applies to you.
Connect to Exchange via Webmail
- Go to http://exmail.oregonstate.edu (link opens in new window)
- Click the "Exchange Outlook Web Access" link
- At the log in screen enter your domain\username
- Enter your password
Once you are logged in, you may change your Exchange password.
- Click the "Options" link in the upper right
- Click the "Change Password" link in the left menu
Connect to Exchange on Your Mobile Device
Visit http://oregonstate.edu/helpdocs/email/exchange (link opens in new window) and click on the Setup Information for the system or device that applies to you.