- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
Why is "All Members" Grayed Out For Me In Google Groups?
ALERT - Dangerous computer malware
CryptoLocker is dangerous, malicious computer software that encrypts your data files (word, powerpoint, pictures, music, videos, etc.). The nefarious individuals then hold your data for ransom and try to extort money from you.
Learn more about this risk and how to protect yourself here - http://oregonstate.edu/helpdocs/safety-and-security/computer-viruses-fraud/computer-viruses/cryptolocker-dangerous-ransomware
If you are the manager of a Google Group but cannot view the entire list of group members, then the permissions are set incorrectly. Please go through the following steps:
- Go to the Oregon State Google Portal
- Click on Google Groups
- Here you will see a list of groups of which you are either a member or a manager. For any group that you are a manager of, you will see (Manager) beside the group name
- Click on the Group that you are managing
- Click the Manage button at the top right of your screen
- On the left side of your screen, expand Permissions and then click Moderation permissions
- In the section, Modify Members, click the button Select groups of users and check off Managers of the group.
*Now, not only will managers be able to view their group members, but they will also be able to remove and change roles of members!
- Be sure to click the Save button at the top of the screen.