- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
How long can I keep my ONID account?
OSU always sends a warning email to an ONID account before it is deactivated. These are the rules used to determine how long ONID accounts remain after disaffiliation with the university:
- One term after you were last eligible to register, your account is deactivated.
- Two terms after you were last eligible to register, your account is removed.
- For example, if you were eligible to register for Spring term, your ONID account would be deactivated Fall term and removed Winter term.
- Exception: Students who have graduated will retain their ONID accounts for one year after their graduation date.
- Two months after an employee's status is terminated, the account is deactivated.
- One term after an employee's account is deactivated, the account is removed.
- For example, if you were terminated July 31, 2015, your ONID account would be deactivated on September 30, 2015 and removed Winter term 2015.
Any email forwarding you have defined on your ONID account will continue to work until the time your ONID account is removed. If you are not forwarding your ONID email, we recommend setting up email forwarding before your ONID account is deactivated.
If you require urgent access to your ONID account and it has been deactivated (not deleted), you can contact the OSU Computer Helpdesk to request access.
Click on any image to view a lightbox version of this instruction set.