- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
If you use an Microsoft Outlook to keep track of your online calendars, and would like to have your Google Calendar sync with it, listed below is a step-by-step guide on how to set it up.
- Go to oregonstate.edu/google and click on Google Calendar
- Log in with your ONID account
- Once logged in, expand My Calendars on the left hand side of the screen
- Hovering over the calendar labeled with your name, there should be a box with a triangle in it. Click the triangle.
- When options appear from clicking the triangle, click Calendar Settings
- Once on the settings page, scroll down to Private Address:
- In Private Address, there should be an icon labeled ICAL
- Once you click ICAL a web address for your calendar will show up. Copy this address.
- Open up your Microsoft Outlook application
- Click on Calendar in the lower left corner of the window
- Once your calendar is open, look for the Home tab up toward the top and make sure it's selected.
- After you've verified that the Home tab is open in your Outlook Calendar, select Open Calendar
- Selecting Open Calendar will provide a drop down menu of several more options, click From Internet...
- Paste the ICAL web address you copied earlier into the popup and press OK.
- A new window will popup will show asking Add this internet calendar to Outlook and subscribe to updates? Click yes.
- Once you have approved the calendar by clicking yes, it will ask for some credentials. Please put in your ONID credentials and press Accept(?)
Click on any image to view a lightbox version of this instruction set.