- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
ONID Email for iPhone, iPod & iPad
Quick Setup Method
You can use this utility here to set it up automatically. Just navigate to this page on your device and download the file provided below. (ONID.Mobileconfig)
Make sure you have an active wireless network connection before following these steps.
- Tap the Settings icon from your home screen.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap add Account... under the "Accounts" heading.
- Tap Other.
- Tap Add Mail Account.
- Fill out the following fields as appropriate:
- Name - Enter your real name - this is what other people will see when they receive your e-mail.
- Address - Enter your ONID email address. This should be in the form username(at)onid.oregonstate.edu.
- Password - Enter your ONID Password.
- Description - Enter "ONID Mail" as the Description.
- Tap Next.
- Tap IMAP at the top of the screen.
- In the Incoming Mail Server area,
- Host Name: imap.onid.oregonstate.edu
- User Name: Your ONID username (not your full email address, just your username)
- Password: Your ONID password should already be filled in from step 6 above
- In the Outgoing Mail Server area,
- Host Name: mail.oregonstate.edu
- User Name: Your ONID username (not your full email address
- Password: You do have to enter your ONID password here
- Tap Next at the top of the screen. You should see a message that "Your account is verified." If your account is not verified, go back and check all your settings. You may have entered a typo. Remember that your ONID username is not your full email address.
- Tap Save.
Your iPod/iPad is now configured to check your mail! You may now select which items you would like to sync (mail and notes).
To read your ONID email, click on Mail from the iPod toolbar.
- If possible make sure to verify you have an internet connection prior to setting up your mail account. Go to your web browser and try to go to a different website then the one that loads by default. If the page loads you know you have an internet connection.
- Try connecting to your account from the webmail version on your computer. (webmail.oregonstate.edu)
- Try removing and then adding your account again:
- Tap the Settings icon on your home screen
- Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap on the account you want to remove
- Tap Delete Account on the bottom of the screen
- After you have removed your account with these instructions follow the setup instructions above