- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
What is a Lifetime E-mail Address?
Oregon State University provides a lifetime e-mail forwarding address for alumni. The format of this e-mail address is "email@example.com", where you choose your own username. E-mail sent to this account will be automatically forwarded to another account of your choice.
Note: ONID accounts are NOT lifetime addresses and do NOT forward mail to your Lifetime E-mail address.
Your ONID, ENGR, and all other accounts will be deactivated after you graduate or stop taking classes. Mail sent to these accounts after they are deleted will be bounced back. For more information about ONID account deactivation, please see this page. Information about engineering account terminations can be found here.
Who Has Access?
Any graduate of Oregon State University can sign up for this free e-mail alias.
Lifetime E-mail Address Setup
- Open a web browser such as, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.
- Go to the Online Services login: http://infosu.oregonstate.edu/login
- Enter your OSU ID? number or SSN in the ONID username field and GAP? number in the ONID password field to log in.
- Once you have successfully logged in, click on the “Lifetime Email Address Update” link at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your desired Lifetime E-mail Address and the destination e-mail Address you would like messages forwarded to.
- Click the “Update E-mail Address(es)” button and you are finished!
For information about the expiration of ONID accounts, visit this page.
Alumni who Graduated from 1992 to the Present
OSU Alumni who graduated in 1992 or anytime since 1992 will need to go to OSU Online Services and log in to your student account. Alumni will need to use their Social Security Number for their OSU ID number. Once you have logged in to the OSU Student Online Services website, you will find a link to Student Records in the menu, which will lead you to the Lifetime E-mail account set up.
Alumni who Graduated Before 1992
If you graduated before 1992 you will need to fill out the Lifetime E-mail Information Request form to set up your Lifetime E-mail forwarding account.
Emeritus Faculty retain their ONID (formerly UCS) e-mail account indefinitely. Retention of Exchange?/Outlook e-mail accounts is at the discretion of the appointing Department.
Retired Non-Emeritus Faculty, Staff, and Students who do not Graduate
OSU does not provide a Lifetime E-mail address or permanent e-mail forwarding for Non-Emeritus Faculty or Staff who leave the University. Nor does OSU provide permanent e-mail forwarding for students who leave without graduating. Two terms of e-mail forwarding is provided before inactive ONID accounts are deleted. See ONID account expiration document for a more detailed explanation.