- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
Creating a List
ALERT - Dangerous computer malware
CryptoLocker is dangerous, malicious computer software that encrypts your data files (word, powerpoint, pictures, music, videos, etc.). The nefarious individuals then hold your data for ransom and try to extort money from you.
Learn more about this risk and how to protect yourself here - http://oregonstate.edu/helpdocs/safety-and-security/computer-viruses-fraud/computer-viruses/cryptolocker-dangerous-ransomware
- Go to http://lists.oregonstate.edu/.
- Click on “Create New List”.
- Login with ONID credentials.
- Read the mailing list policy.
- Under the “Owner Information” section, type your full name and your e-mail address.
- Under the “List Identity” section, type the name of your list, a short description of the list, and a password for the list.
- For subscription policy under list configuration, there are several options:
- The “Confirm” option sends a confirmation e-mail to all users who subscribe to your list.
- The “Require Approval” option requires all users to be approved by the list manager.
- The “Both” option uses the first two options together in your list.
- For the Default Moderation for New Members section:
- The "No" option means new members can post without administrator approval.
- The "Yes" option means new members messages are moderated by the list manager.
- For the List Archiving Options:
- The “Private Archives” option means that only list members can view the past list messages.
- The “Public Archives” option means that everyone can see past list messages.
- Finally, you can choose if you want the list publically viewable or not, that is to be able to be seen by people who have not been added by an administrator or owner.
- When you are finished with the settings, click the “Create My List” button at the bottom.
- If the list is created successfully, you will be shown a green screen like the one below.