Change/Reset ONID Password
If you know your current password:
- Go to http://onid.oregonstate.edu/
- Click "Login To ONID" in the left hand column.
- Login with your current ONID credentials.
- Click "Change Password" in the left hand column.
- Follow the steps to changing your password.
NOTE: This Method will still work if your ONID password has expired
If you don't know your current password:
You can walk through the tutorial to change or reset your password using the links below.
ONID Password Reset: Identify Yourself
- To start the process for resetting a forgotten password for your account, you will need to go to:
- Click on the Login to ONID, and then click the link, Help! I forgot my password, below the login field.
- You will need to fill in your OSU ID? (from your ID card), birth date, first name, and last name, then click the Submit button.
Password Reset (New)
- If you have entered alternate contact information you will be presented with a Send PIN button, click this button and you will receive either a text and/or email, depending on what you provided as your alternate contact info, with a 6-Digit pin code.
- Put the pin code into the input field and then click the Submit button.
Setting a new ONID password
- The next page will ask you to create a new password. Type in your password twice and then click the "set password" button.
Note: Please remember to read the restrictions and suggestions prior to creating your new password. Also pay attention to the password strength meter to make sure you have a strong password
- Once you have click "set password" you will should be taken to a page that states your password has been successfully changed and you have now completed your ONID password reset