- Safety and Security
- Network and Phone
- Mobile Devices
ALERT - Dangerous computer malware
CryptoLocker is dangerous, malicious computer software that encrypts your data files (word, powerpoint, pictures, music, videos, etc.). The nefarious individuals then hold your data for ransom and try to extort money from you.
Learn more about this risk and how to protect yourself here - http://oregonstate.edu/helpdocs/safety-and-security/computer-viruses-fraud/computer-viruses/cryptolocker-dangerous-ransomware
Stay Safe, Stay Secure!
PHISHING ALERT: There are a number of phishing emails circulating to OSU addresses. Remember to never give your account information and/or password in response to an email.
- Keep your computer protected using Symantec Endpoint Protection. It's free for all members of the OSU community.
- Visit our security section for more tips to keep yourself safe!
- Be Aware - Cyber Security @ OSU
Fast Answers to Quick Questions
- What is ONID?
- How do I get OSU email on my phone?
- How do I make a wireless connection on campus?
- When I'm off campus, how do I use VPN to establish a secure connection to the OSU network?
- How do I set up a website using ONID?
Blackboard? Help for Students & Faculty
- Why do I get the message, "The content below is outside of the Blackboard Learn environment."?
- Why do I get a "missing plugin" error when attempting to view a file?
- Known Issues in Blackboard 9.1
- View all Blackboard-related Helpdocs for faculty
- View all Blackboard-related Helpdocs for students