Payroll Policy and Procedure Manual
Section 400: Payment of Unclassified Employees
- 405 Stipend
- 405-01 Payment Process
- 405-02 Pay Change and Labor Distribution Forms
- 405-03 Pay Methods - Default Pay
- 405-04 Social Security Exemption
- 405-05 Accounting for Labor Charges
Additional payments to unclassified staff associated with additional duties added to an employee's current job on a temporary basis.
After logging in on the Oregon State Central Administrative Resources (OSCAR) website, click on "Online Tasks" - "Payroll Changes" - "Employment Changes" - "Unclassified" and complete the Base Pay Rate (Pay Change Form).
405-02a Pay Change Form
- The Pay Change Form is used to establish the stipend amount and length and to report changes in amounts and length of stipend.
- After logging in on the Oregon State Central Administrative Resources (OSCAR) website, click on "Online Tasks" - "Payroll Changes" - "Employment Changes" - "Unclassified" and complete the Base Pay Rate (Pay Change Form).
- Pay Change forms should be routed to OHR.
405-02b Labor Distribution Form
- The Labor Distribution Form is used to report changes to prior, current, or future distributions
- To obtain this form, log onto OSCAR, click on "Online Tasks" - "Payroll Changes" scroll to "Miscellaneous" - "Labor Distribution form" (excel format).
- Labor Distribution forms should be sent directly to the Payroll Office for changes of labor distributions.
- Default Pay is used for all monthly stipend payments
- Pay is issued for the period from the first of the month through the end of the month.
All academic employees are subject to Social Security and Medicare withholding unless they qualify for a non-resident alien exemption.
Labor is charged to specific indexes and account codes. Use of activity codes is the choice of the department.
- Must be an open index owned by the employing department.
- Must remain open through the last day of the month payment is issued to the employee.
405-05b Account Code
- Refer to Unclassified/Faculty Earn Codes for account code information.
See PAY-Ex1: Unclassified Appointment Information Matrix.