IX. Medical Surveillance
A. Medical Attention
- An opportunity to receive medical attention from a licensed physician is available to all employees who work with hazardous chemicals in the laboratory.
- The opportunity for medical attention will be made available to employees at no cost and without loss of pay under the following circumstances:
- Whenever an employee develops signs or symptoms associated with a hazardous agent to which the employee may have been exposed in the laboratory;
- Whenever there is a spill, leak, explosion or other occurrence resulting in the likelihood of an exposure hazardous to health or if a PEL is exceeded. A medical examination must be provided in the event a PEL is exceeded in a personal exposure.
B. Medical Surveillance Programs
- Medical surveillance will be established when exposure monitoring determines a need or if it is likely that an exposure to a hazardous chemical has occurred.