- About Our Office
- Cultural Resource Centers
- Contact Us
Learn about the Cultural Resource Centers
CURRENT RENOVATION PROJECTS
A new door is opening for the Cultural Resource Centers. Join us as we look forward to the next chapter for each center. Feel free to view each center's latest renovation plans below (as keep up-to-date via their Facebook groups):
- Asian & Pacific Cultural Center | Facebook |
- Lonnie B. Harris Black Cultural Center | Facebook |
- Centro Cultural César Chávez | Facebook | Webcam | (IN-PROGRESS)
- Native American Longhouse Eena Haws | Facebook | Webcam | (COMPLETED)√
Our facilities provide spaces that allow students to share their unique identities in a safe and secure environment. We provide meeting space for study groups, student organization meetings, and social gatherings. We have computing facilities available for student and staff usage during our regular operation hours.
Cultural Resource Center events/activities include events such as Cooking Demonstrations, Craft Nights, Cultural Holiday Celebrations, and National Awareness and History/Heritage programs. For more information about this, please visit our Opportunities section.
- Native American Longhouse Eena Haws was established in 1971, but moved into the current location in 1972.
- Black Cultural Center was established in 1975. In 1981, it was renamed the Lonnie B. Harris Black Cultural Center after the first director of OSU's Educational Opportunities Program.
- Centro Cultural César Chávez was established in 1975 as the Chicano Cultural Center; then changed to the Hispanic Cultural Center in the mid 1980's. Its final name change came in 1996 in honor of Mexican farm worker activist César Chávez.
- Asian Cultural Center was established and opened in 1991. The name was then changed to the Asian & Pacific Cultural Center in spring of 2003.
- Intercultural Student Services (ISS)
- Office of Equity and Inclusion (OEI)
- Educational Opportunities Program (EOP)
- Office of the Dean of Student Life (ODOSL)
- Disability Access Services (DAS) - part of ODOSL
- LGBTQ Services
- Memorial Union (MU)
- Associated Students of OSU (ASOSU)
- Department of Ethinc Studies (ES)
- Office of Advocacy (ASOSU Advocacy)
- Student Events & Activities Center (SEAC)
- Student Leadership and Involvement (SLI)
- UHDS Community Relations Facilitators (UHDS CRFs)