FACULTY SENATE AGENDA
A. ACTION ITEMS
- Thursday, May 10, 2012
- 3:00-5:00 PM
- Mendenhall Audio-Visual Theater – Valley Football Center Room 206A
B. DISCUSSION ITEM
- Category I Proposals
Mike Bailey, Curriculum Council Chair, will present for approval the below Category I proposals:
- Merging Animal Sciences with Rangeland Ecology and Management #81305
- Graduate Certificate in Public Health #82511
- College of Education Reorganization and Department of Science and Mathematics Education Merger #82222
- Innovation Management, BS/BA, Double Degree (New Degree) #82725
- Graphic Design BFA (New Degree) #82870
- Establishment of a New Department/School Proposal – School of Design and Human Environment #83339
- Proposed Revisions to the Graduate Options Regulations
Carolyn Aldwin, Graduate Council Chair, will present proposed revisions to the Graduate Options Regulations for approval. These revisions have
been approved by both the Graduate Council and Curriculum Council and are supported by the Graduate School dean.
- Proposed New Faculty Ranks
Tony Wilcox, Faculty Status Committee chair, will present for approval recommendations from the committee related to adding Professor of
Practices and Senior II level for Instructor, Research Assistant and Research Associate faculty ranks, resulting from a recent change in the
Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR). These recommendations were discussed during the April Senate meeting.
C. SPECIAL REPORTS
- Proposed Revisions to the Promotion and Tenure Guidelines
Michelle Kutzler, Promotion and Tenure Committee Chair, will present for discussion proposed revisions to the Promotion and Tenure
Guidelines. These revisions will be voted on at the June 14 Faculty Senate meeting.
D. INFORMATION ITEMS
- Commencement Report
Chris Bell, Chief Marshal, will report on Commencement preparations.
- Report from Athletics and the Faculty Athletics Representative
Bob DeCarolis, Athletic Director, and Joey Spatafora, Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR), will provide reports related to their areas.
E. REPORT FROM AND DIALOG WITH THE PROVOST
- Committee Interest Form
All faculty and staff are encouraged to volunteer to serve on university and/or Faculty Senate committees and councils for
2012-13. The Committee Interest Form is online at
http://oregonstate.edu/senate/committees/forms/cif/2012/; forms must be submitted
by May 16 for requests to be considered.
- OSU-Corvallis Coalition
All faculty and students are invited to attend an OSU-Corvallis Coalition meeting on May 15 from 5:30-7:00 PM in the LaSells Stewart Center Gallery
to provide input related to parking, traffic, neighborhood livability issues and student housing.
- Executive Committee Report
A report prepared by Mario Magaña contains items under consideration by the Executive Committee.
Commencement has been moved to June 17 to accommodate the schedule of the speaker, First Lady Michelle Obama. Faculty are needed to serve
in the commencement ceremony in the following ways: as escorts to doctoral candidates, as a faculty representative, or as a marshal. Expanded
details are available.
- Faculty Panels for Hearing Committee Election
Information regarding the Faculty Panels for Hearing Committee is available for viewing. Senators will receive ballots
as they enter the meeting room; completed ballots will be left on the table outside as Senators leave the meeting.
- Senate Webcast
The April Faculty Senate webcast is posted online.
F. REPORT FROM AND DIALOG WITH THE FACULTY SENATE PRESIDENT
- Sabah Randhawa, Provost & Executive Vice President
G. NEW BUSINESS
- President Kate Hunter-Zaworski
IN ORDER TO PROPERLY RECORD MINUTES OF THE SENATE MEETING,
ALL SENATORS ARE REMINDED TO IDENTIFY THEMSELVES
AND THEIR SENATE AFFILIATION WHEN RISING TO SPEAK.
Please recycle printed agendas