What is Suspicious?
Follow your instincts!
After all you know your living group better than almost anyone because it is your home. You can protect it by reporting suspicious activity to the police.
- Any person that appears out of place, even if they have keys to the area
- Someone who is loitering outside
- Someone trying doors to see if they are locked
- Strange noises, especially at night
- Anyone who makes you feel uncomfortable...trust your instincts
All of the above are suspicious circumstances and should be reported. Never worry about "bothering" the police. We would prefer to respond and find out that there is nothing wrong than have to console the victim of a theft or an assault.