OSU students, staff and faculty are encouraged to plan ahead as parking on campus will be a challenge on Friday, Nov. 1, due to a rare weekday home football game against the University of Southern California, beginning at 6 p.m.
Employees are encouraged to find alternative transportation to work that day, or to park very strategically, as some lots will be restricted to those with game day passes only. Department heads and directors are encouraged to be more flexible with employees due to potential problems with the morning commute that day.
Employees and students who utilize Corvallis’ free public transit system will be given incentives from drivers as they’re dropped off on campus Nov. 1 (incentives TBA). Additionally, a free shuttle to and from campus will be offered to anyone who parks at the Benton County Fairgrounds from noon to 5 p.m., making it easier for those who drive off-campus for lunch to be able to get back to work.
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and the office of Transit and Parking Services will begin implementing the intricate parking plan on Oct. 31, when some of the first recreational vehicle (RV) patrons arrive.
Beginning at 7 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 1, some parking lots will be open only to those with athletics-issued game-day parking passes. These include:
• All Reser Stadium parking lots;
• The parking garage at 26th Street and Washington Way (except for the fifth level, which will remain available for resident student parking);
• The gravel parking lot behind the Softball Complex and the Hilton Garden Inn;
• South Farm parking lot off Brooklane Road.
Other parking areas (listed below) will be available until 1 p.m. for regular faculty/staff business day parking. After 1 p.m., however, entrance to these areas will be limited only to people with athletics-issued game-day parking permits. Employee and student vehicles already parked in these lots may remain until 5 p.m., at which time all vehicles without athletics-issued passes must vacate. Signs will be posted at the entrance of these lots. These include:
• Lots between 15th Street and 11th Street, off Washington Way;
• The Benton Place parking lots east of Goss Stadium;
• Lots off Washington Way adjacent to the Student Legacy Park (intramural fields);
• The 30th Street parking lots around Peavy Hall, between Jefferson Street and Washington Way;
• The 30th Street parking lot by Magruder Hall;
• The 35th Street parking lot at the OSU Foundation building;
• The lot off 15th Street and Western Boulevard at the University Plaza building;
• For RVs: The gravel parking lot at 30th Street and Campus Way next to the Motor Pool.
All other Faculty/Staff parking lots that are designated as “Athletics Event” parking on game days are available for regular business-day parking. However, employees are encouraged to vacate these lots by 5 p.m.
RV’s are only allowed after 5 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 31, in the gravel lot off 35th and Campus Way, next to the Motor Pool. Employees and students who normally park in this location, should give themselves extra time Friday morning to locate a parking space as many may be filled with recreational vehicles. RV’s are not permitted on campus in any other lot.
A map is available to help visitors, students and employees better understand designated lots. It is available online at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/oregonstateuniversity/10275103273/
The Corvallis Transit System map is accessible at: http://www.corvallisoregon.gov/index.aspx?page=884