The Research Office received 19 proposals for the Research Equipment Reserve Fund (RERF) Spring 2011 solicitation. After review and evaluation the Research Council provided the office with a prioritized list of proposals recommended for funding. The Vice President for Research has approved 6 proposals for funding.
The following proposals have been selected for funding:
· Kosro, P. Michael (College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences): “Upgrade to Two SeaSonde HF Surface Current Mapping Systems (GPS SHARES)”
· Lajtha, Kate (Dept. of Crop and Soil Science, College of Agricultural Sciences): “Multiplexed Stable Isotope Incubation System”
· Langdon, Christopher (Dept. of Fisheries and Wildlife, College of Agricultural Sciences): “Agilent / HP 6890 Gas Chromatograph”
· McGuire, Joe (School of Chemical, Biological and Environmental Engineering, College of Engineering): “Optical Waveguide Lightmode Spectroscopy (OWLS) System”
· Minc, Leah (Radiation Center/Dept. of Anthropology, College of Liberal Arts): “Perkin-Elmer Model A307 Sample Oxidizer”
· Rochefort, Skip (School of Chemical Biological and Environmental Engineering, College of Engineering): “TA Instruments Differential Scanning Calorimeter (DSC Model Q2000) and Thermogravimetric Analyzer (TGA Model Q800)”