Rhododendron Mrs. G.W. Leak ('Coombe Royal' × 'Chevalier Felix de Sauvage')
- Broadleaf evergreen shrub, 6 ft (1.8 m), fairly compact, erect habit. Leaves olive green,
elliptic, 18 x 7 cm. Foliage frequently develops brown-purplish spots. Flowers
funnel-shaped, 9 cm across, light pink, shading to deeper pink on the three upper lobes, a conspicuous
burgundy blotch, about 12 flowers in a tight conical, upright cluster.
- 0o F, early mid, 4/3/4 [flower / plant & foliage / performance; scale 1 (poor) - 5 (best)], sun or part shade.
- A hybrid of Dutch origin, introduced by Koster in 1916, named after his wife, Mrs. G. W. Leak.
- One of the parents of Rhododendron 'Mrs. G. W. Leak' is 'Chevalier Felix de Sauvage', here is
a comparison of their flowers.
- Oregon State Univ. campus: east of the Biddle statue, west (south) Strand Ag. Hall.