Cedrus libani subsp. brevifolia
(syn. C. libani 'Brevifolia') Pinaceae
Cypress Cedar, Cyprian Cedar SE-drus LIB-an-i
- Conifer, evergreen, to about 40 ft [12 m] high or more, generally smaller than species. Leaves (needles) are shorter than those of the species, about 6-12 mm long, seed cones are also smaller.
- Sun. Prefers well-drained and somewhat dry soil.
- Hardy to USDA Zone (5) 6 Native to Cypress and southwestern Turkey.
- brevifolia: from Latin brevis, short, and folium, leaf.
- Silverton, Oregon: The Oregon Garden - Conifer Garden