Klamath Basin Research & Extension Center (KBREC) Mission: A trusted resource for research and education working cooperatively with the communities of Klamath County resulting in healthy people, economies and environments.
Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m..
Thank you, Claudia Tosh, for 10 Years of Service to KBREC. Claudia is seen with KBREC Director, Willie Riggs and County Commissioner, Tom Mallams.
- OSU KBREC 2014 Field Day-July 28 from 3:00-6:00pm. Help us Celebrate 100 Years of Extension & 77 Years of Research in Klamath County! Click here for more information and a list of the events.
- Extend your growing (and eating) season by planting fall vegetables and using your pressure canner and freezer, Thursday, August 7 from 5:30-7:30 pm. Growing and preserving garden produce is a fun and satisfying experience but can present challenges in the high desert regions of Klamath County. Information will be presented by trained OSU volunteers (Master Gardeners and Master Food Preservers) along with Extension faculty.
- Junior Master Gardener Camp July 14-18 from 1:00pm to 4:00pm.Young garden enthusiasts just completing grades two through six will spend five, fun-filled days learning about the art and science of gardening, as well as how to prepare a variety of homegrown snacks. Working alongside OSU faculty and Master Gardener volunteers, campers will engage in a stimulating, hands-on projects and activities. Each day, the program will focus on a different area of gardening. Click here for registration form.
- Mastery of Aging Well This six-week online course provides personalized access to practical, research-based information for anyone interested in healthy aging.
- Click here for recent submissions to the Klamath County plant clinic.
- Extension Publications - The Oregon State University Extension Service produces educational materials to help people across Oregon. Their catalog contains more than 1,200 items including publications, books, videos, and other educational media.
- ScholarsArchive at Oregon State University > Extension & Experiment Station Communications - ScholarsArchive@OSU is Oregon State University's digital service for gathering, indexing, making available and storing the scholarly work of the Oregon State University community. It also includes materials from outside the institution in support of the university's land, sun, sea and space grant missions and other research interests.
- www.eXtension.org - Objective, research-based, and credible information you can use every day to improve your life. Brought to you by experts from the nation's largest and oldest network of universities.
- Grow Your Own Food and Preserve It For Later
- Klamath-Lake Counties Food Bank - (541) 882-1223