Klamath Basin Research & Extension Center (KBREC) Mission: A trusted resource for research and education working cooperatively with the communities of Klamath County resulting in healthy people, economies and environments.
Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
KBREC celebrates 77 years of Research and 100 years of Extension with Ed Ray, Oregon State University President.
Living with Fire
As Westerners, we live with fire. It's a fact of life, dominating our summer news diet, interrupting our vacations, and threatening our homes, lives and livelihoods. But lately it seems wildfires have been in the news too much.
OFRI has just released State of Fire, a special report and video exploring some disturbing trends: longer fire seasons, uncharacteristically severe fires and soaring costs. Both are available at OregonForests.org.
WHY SHOULD I EVACUATE?
During a wildfire emergency safety of lives is the first and most important objective of firefighting. If you, your family, and neighbors are in a safe place when a wildland fire gets close, the main goal of firefighting is accomplished. Click here for more information from our newest addition to the KBREC staff Daniel Leavell - Forestry Agent.
- Fall 2014 Internship Opportunity -The Family and Community Health staff of Klamath Basin Research and Extension Center has received a Health Communities Outreach Project Grant and are looking for an intern to join our team from their Corvallis location. Click here for more information.
- Mastery of Aging Well This six-week online course provides personalized access to practical, research-based information for anyone interested in healthy aging.
- Extension Publications - The Oregon State University Extension Service produces educational materials to help people across Oregon. Their catalog contains more than 1,200 items including publications, books, videos, and other educational media.
- ScholarsArchive at Oregon State University > Extension & Experiment Station Communications - ScholarsArchive@OSU is Oregon State University's digital service for gathering, indexing, making available and storing the scholarly work of the Oregon State University community. It also includes materials from outside the institution in support of the university's land, sun, sea and space grant missions and other research interests.
- www.eXtension.org - Objective, research-based, and credible information you can use every day to improve your life. Brought to you by experts from the nation's largest and oldest network of universities.
- Grow Your Own Food and Preserve It For Later
- Klamath-Lake Counties Food Bank - (541) 882-1223