University Club Foundation, Inc. Fellowship Award Program
PLEASE NOTE: - The University Club Foundation, Inc is NOT accepting nominations for 2013-14. Please check back next year. PURPOSE:
PLEASE NOTE: - The University Club Foundation, Inc is NOT accepting nominations for 2013-14. Please check back next year.
PURPOSE:The purpose of the University Club Foundation Fellowship Award is to recognize and encourage scholarship, leadership, and potential societal contributions among students pursuing graduate education in Oregon.
AWARD: Annual merit-based fellowships of $5,000 each will be awarded to one qualifying graduate student from Oregon State University, Portland State University, University of Oregon, and Willamette University. In addition to the monetary awards, recipients receive a three-year, complimentary membership in the University Club, which includes complimentary admission to three major Club events each year. Awards checks will be presented at the Foundation's Annual Awards Banquet in October 2014.
CRITERIA & CONSIDERATIONS: Nominees must be full-time graduate students Fall 2014 in a program leading to an advanced degree. Nominees must have at least one year remaining before completion of their graduate studies. The award may be used at the discretion of the recipient to cover tuition or expenses. Nominees must show evidence of academic accomplishment and leadership qualities, as well as current and potential contributions to the community and society. Nominees should enjoy the high regard and respect of their supervising faculty. Immediate relatives of members and staff of the University Club are not eligible as candidates.
SELECTION PROCESS: OSU's institutional screening committee will forward their recommendations to the Dean of the Graduate School. Final selection will be made by the University Club Foundation Selection Committee and based on their schedule, generally announced in June of each year. Finalists must participate in Portland interviews with the UCF Selection Committee, which will be held at the University Club in Portland.
(PLEASE NOTE, THE UNIVERSITY CLUB FOUNDATION IS NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2013-14. Please check back next year.) NOMINATION PROCEDURES:
NOMINATION PROCEDURES:Departments and programs may submit only one nomination and must provide complete nomination packets containing all materials listed below (including transcripts). Incomplete nominations will not be reviewed.
Please submit the following materials as one (1) PDF document using the following file name convention:
- A nominating letter from the department chair/head, graduate program director, or dean highlighting a) knowledge of the student's accomplishments, b) the student's potential in his or her field, and c) the student's contribution to the community at large.
- Two additional letters of recommendation, which also highlight a) knowledge of the student's accomplishments, b) student's potential in his or her field, and c) the student's contribution to the community at large.
- Completed University Club Foundation Inc. Fellowship Application Form
- A copy of all post-high school transcripts including OSU graduate transcript if appropriate. (Note: must be supplied by nominating department/program.)
- A 1-2 page resume highlighting the nominee's education, experience, awards, community service, and references
NOMINATION DEADLINE: Nominations must be received by the Graduate School by TBD, 5pm.