Oregon State University has a worldwide reputation for excellence in teaching and research.
Founded in 1868, OSU is the state's Land Grant university and is one of only two universities in the U.S.
to have Sea Grant, Space Grant and Sun Grant designations.
As Oregon's largest public research university, OSU conducts more than 60
percent of the research funded throughout the state's university system.
OSU's diverse curriculum leads to more than 70 different graduate degrees,
most with flexible options that allow you to construct a program most suited to your academic and career goals.
The Graduate School Staff
The Graduate School, located on the third floor of Kerr Adminstration Building,
is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Scholars' Insights. Provost Randhawa and the OSU Graduate School are excited to host the first annual University-wide “Scholars’ Insight” event, a graduate student competition to communicate impact on Wednesday April 3, 2013. OSU Graduate students will have the opportunity to present the impact of their scholarly works in a fixed format presentation to a non-specialist audience at OSU and the Corvallis community. Please visit the details and registration page.
- The College of Forestry will be hosting a program kick-off with pizza to introduce Forest G.U.M.P., discuss expectations, and provide gift cards and other resources to facilitate mentorship meetings. Mentorship pairs will be introduced for students applying prior to April 8th.
- Forest G.U.M.P.:
The Graduate Student Council in the College of Forestry at Oregon State University has initiated a mentorship program promoting interaction between graduate and undergraduate students. This program, Forestry Graduate Undergraduate Mentorship Program (Forest GUMP), will pair graduate and undergraduate students in order to develop and support mutually beneficial relationships between these two student bodies. The program operates on a quarterly basis, with new applications and mentorship pairs created each quarter. At the end of every quarter, an award will be given to the best mentorship pair based on participation and end-of-quarter feedback surveys. Learn more on the Forest G.U.M.P. Website
- ACE Research Internship Positions Open. American Council of Education (ACE) has announced two new research internships. There are two tracks: (1) the Academic Year Program for doctoral students, and (2) the Summer Internship Program for master's or doctoral students. They are currently recruiting doctoral students for the 2013-14 academic year. For more information visit the ACE Research Internship job posting.
Seafloor Mapping Internship Position is Open. The NOAA Ship Okeanos Explorer is the only federal ship dedicated solely to ocean exploration. Okeanos Explorer's Seafloor Mapping Internship application period is open until March 20, 2013. Interns will gain hands-on at-sea experience in the operation of state of the art multibeam sonr technology, water sampling techniques, and the design of seafloor maps using sonar data and geographic software packages. Internships are 2 to 3 weeks long, will occur from February to August 2013, and are open to undergraduates, graduate students, and recent graduates. Interns are paid a daily stipend, and travel costs to and from the ship are covered. Interested applicants can apply online.
- New Graduate Certificate in College and University Teaching Thanks for your interest in the new Graduate Certificate! Classes will begin in fall 2013. Dr. Jessica White is the new Director of the program. She is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of all aspects of the certificate program with the goal of admitting our first cohort of students in the Fall 2013. The 18-credit graduate certificate in College and University Teaching is designed to provide advanced coursework and experiential learning opportunities to current graduate students who plan to pursue careers in teaching and instruction in higher education settings or who plan to pursue careers that require similar skill sets in facilitation. For more information, see the full program description.
- Graduate Admission Forum slides are now available online. The topics discussed include: International Admissions, Best Practices in Admissions, New Technology Demonstration, and an outline of Future Technology. Download the slideshow. For more information on these changes, please call the Graduate School at 541-737-4881.
- Call for Graduate Student Representatives! Looking to become more involved in the OSU community? Here is your chance! ASOSU is looking for graduate students to fill the graduate representative vacancies in the ASOSU House of Representatives. The position is approximately a 3 hour per week time commitment and is an important way for graduate students to ensure their voices are represented in student government. To apply for a position, please contact Jacob Vanderver, ASOSU Speaker of the House. Please send any questions to Ryan Tuttle, ASOSU Director of Graduate Affairs.
- Calling all queer grad students and allies! The Queer Grad Network is a great community built upon the three tiers of activism, social events, and research. If interested please contact Lucy Romeo or check them out on Facebook.
- In commitment to increasing the graduating success rate of graduate students at Oregon State University, as well as the quality and diversity of graduating students, the Graduate School has implemented the Family and Medical Leave Policy for Graduate Students. This policy is intended to complement the regular Leave of Absence Policy for Graduate Students as outlined in the Graduate Catalog. To apply for a leave of absence, please see our Leave of Absence Form on this site.
- Technology Across The Curriculum (TAC) is committed to supporting faculty and staff in the use of instructional technologies. Check out the TAC calendar of websites and workshops. These events are offered every term.
- University Ombuds Office is open. They provide informal, impartial, and confidential* conflict management services to all members of the university community. Keep them in mind when issues or grievances arise. 541-737-7028 *Confidentiality cannot be promised in matters relating to child abuse, if there is imminent risk of serious harm, or if compelled by a court of law.
- Graduate School Strategic Plan
has been finalized and approved for release.
Planning the Future of Student-Centered Graduate Education at Oregon State University: A Five-year Agenda.
- Findings Report:
from the Open Forums on Graduate Education Project, Winter 2012.
AWARD$, SCHOLARSHIP$ AND FELLOWSHIP$
- Scholarships and Fellowships:
New NSF Graduate Research Fellows: Learn about the
incentives Oregon State University offers
when choosing OSU as your graduate institution.
- View all 2013-14 Scholarship and Fellowship Awards
administered by the Graduate School.
- View open 2013-14 Scholarship and Fellowship Awards administered by the Graduate School.