Ex4: Fixed Asset Transfer Form
Property Management Policy & Procedure Manual
Section 000: Introductory Material
Transfer From One Responsible Organization (Org) To Another
The asset transfer form is used to transfer assets from one responsible Org to another or to correct a department's Org code, should it change. Asset transfers between departments require signatures from both the requesting and the receiving parties.
- [ ]Org or [ ]Sub-Org Only or [ ]Locn Only: Check "Org."
- Asset Tag #: Enter the asset number of the item to be transferred.
- Transfer From Org: Enter the Organization code for the department currently responsible for the asset.
- Transfer from Sub-Org: Enter the two-digit code for the Principal Investigator (PI), if any.
- Transfer from Locn: Enter the Location code currently showing on the asset record.
- Transfer to Org: Enter the NEW Organization to which the asset is being transferred.
- Transfer to Sub-Org: Enter the NEW two-digit code for the PI, if any.
- Transfer to Locn: Enter the NEW Location code for the item.
- Reason for Transfer: Enter the reason the request is being made. If a transfer of funds is involved, include the journal voucher number.
- Text Comments: If other information should be appended to the text field of the asset record, enter it here, including the name of the new person responsible for asset. Identify which asset record the text should be added to if more than one asset is being transferred on the same form.
- Requestor: Type or print the name of the person requesting the transfer, and have them sign above their typed name.
- Phone: Enter the Requester's phone number
- Date: Enter the date of the request.
- Receiver: Type or print the name of the person signing for the property in the new Organization (could be responsible person, department inventory coordinator, or department head), and have them sign above their typed name.
- Phone: Enter the Receiver's phone number.
- Date: Enter the date responsibility was accepted.
- Property Mgmt: Leave blank. Property Management will sign and date when the transfer is entered into FIS Banner.
Departments may also use this form to correct locations or PI codes.
Fixed Asset Transfer form with sample data.
OSU Equipment Inventory
FIXED ASSETS TRANSFER FORM
[X] Orgn [ ] Sub-Org Only [ ] Locn Only
Transfer From Transfer To
TEXT COMMENTS: These computers were in a lab that has been updated with new equipment. Computers have been made available to Elect & Comp Engr for graduate student use. Responsible faculty member is Joshua Wagner.
Requestor: Melody Bonner Receiver: Chas Tackler Property
Phone: 7-9999 Date: 3/21/02 Phone: 7-9595 Date: 3/22/02 Mgmt: ___