507: Returning a Vehicle
To facilitate the returning of Motor Pool vehicles.
All departments and individuals who use Motor Pool vehicles.
Motor Pool vehicles will be returned to the Motor Pool office as scheduled. Please contact the Motor Pool at (541) 737-4141 if the operator will not be able to return the vehicle on time.
When returning a Motor Pool vehicle:
- Park in the area designated for returning state vehicles on the east side of the Motor Pool building.
- Fill in the return date, time and ending mileage.
- Note any issue with the vehicle that requires attention.
- Remove all garbage and personal items.
- Leave the dispatch book in the vehicle.
- Make sure the fuel card and receipts for purchases are returned with the vehicle.
- Turn off all lights. Be sure and check the dome lights are turned off.
- Close the windows and lock all the doors.
- Put the key in the key drop on the east side of the motor pool building.