New online blueberry physiology, production systems & management course
Offered by Dr. Bernadine Strik, Professor of Horticulture, and colleagues through professional and continuing education at OSU! The course is limited to 35 students and the first offering is full and stared January 23, 2017. A second offering is open for registration and starts March 6, 2017.
2016 Strawberry Open House and Blueberry Field Day featured in new OSU Extension YouTube videos: click to view!
See What We Are Working On
Costs of Producing Trailing Blackberries for an Organic, Machine-harvested Processed Market. Using information from organic research trial results at Oregon State University’s North Willamette Research and Extension Center, costs and returns of establishing and maintaining trailing blackberry (e.g., ‘Marion’ or ‘Black Diamond’) for organic production in Oregon were compiled. The cost study is provided in excel file format where growers can edit the numbers to make it more relevant for their situation. Please refer to the “Cover” and “Assumptions” sheets in the file for more information.
Costs of Producing Erect Blackberry in Organic Production for Fresh Market: This study allows you to evaluate the costs and returns of establishing and maintaining erect blackberry (e.g. ‘Ouachita’) for organic production in Oregon. See the budget program for more information.
OSU Blueberry School: Links to proceedings articles. If you missed any portion of Blueberry School from March 2015, click here to see a list of topics you can click on for more information.
Recently revised: Cranberries, a nutrient management guide for south coastal Oregon
Organic Blackberry Webinar featuring Drs. Bernadine Strik, Dave Bryla, and Luis Valenzuela. A recording and pdf handout of slides are available online. While this webinar highlights findings from a certified organic blackberry research study, results should be of interest to all blackberry growers.
- Northwest Berry & Grape Information Network
The Northwest Berry & Grape Information Network is the most comprehensive information and communications resource for berry and grape production practices, research, and marketing.
- Nutrient Management of Berry Crops in Oregon (pdf)
- Berry production publications (Use the search box in the upper right corner, or click on 'Agriculture' from the Browse by Topics list on the right, then choose 'Berries and Grapes')
- Economics of berry production publications
- Access to all of Bernadine Strik's published papers and Extension publications is available from her faculty page in the Department of Horticulture at Oregon State University.
- Pesticide Updates by crop & Spotted Wing Drosophila Management (OR and WA), Feb. 2016