The OSU Announcement module also provides a very rich set of configurations you can experiment with to get your blocks to display exactly how you want them to.
The Announcement configuration panel is found at Admin menu > Site configuration > Announcement settings.
Announcement Configuration Panel
- Summary announcements to show at one time field
- The number of announcement items to show within the Announcements: Summaries block.
- Block announcements to show at one time field
- The number of announcement items to show in the Announcements: Small List block.
- Teaser Characters field
- The maximum number of characters to show in a summary/teaser. Leaving this field blank will show the entire announcement body, while putting a 0 in will not show any.
- Enable the Announcement RSS feed option
- Enables/disables the display of an RSS icon in the announcement block. This allows users the ability to obtain an RSS feeds of announcements from your site so they are automatically updated of additions. You may need to clear your cache after changing this option.
- No Announcements message field
- Allows for a customized message if there are no announcements.
- Default Announcement Lifetime field
- Sets a default range in the Expiration field of new content based on the number of days entered in the configuraiton.
- Display a Read More Link field
- Enables/disables the display of a Read More link, which links to the full announcement node.