Tips for Student Parent Academic Sucess
- Let ALL your professors know that you are a parent; they will be much more willing to work with you should something arise if they were prepared in advance
- Continue to connect with your professors throughout the term, get THEM invested in YOUR success
- Network with other student parents in case you need last minute babysitting.
- Find a friend in each of your classes you can rely on for notes in case of absence.
- Visit Career Services for help preparing yourself/looking for jobs during and after college as well as help with your resume.
- For cheaper textbook prices feel free to look at one of the following websites: http://www.corvallis-textbooks.com/ or http://www.chegg.com/
WIC: Nutrition for you and your family
WIC is the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (up to age 5).The Oregon WIC Program aims to provide public health leadership in promoting the health and improved nutritional status of Oregon's families by providing:
- Nutrition education
- Breastfeeding promotion
- Supplemental nutritious foods
- Partnerships with and referral to other public and private community groups
Benton County Health Department
530 NW 27th Street
Corvallis, OR 97330
For more information, please visit: http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/
Health Care Resources for Kids
CPR for Family and Friends:
Covers infant CPR and choking only,
Albany: October 15th & December 17th from 7 to 9pm (Advanced registration required)
Corvallis: Call for dates: 7 to 9pm
Lebanon: Call for dates: 7 to 9pm
Call for Infromation: 541-768-6629