- Greek Councils
- Chapter Profiles
- Greek Achievement
- Student Resources
- Parent Resources
Fraternities and sororities at Oregon State University offer thousands of dollars in scholarships, not only to members, but also to incoming students. There are additional scholarships available through the OSU Foundation
For additional information about these scholarships, contact Office of Greek Life, 151 Snell Hall, 541-737-5432, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greek Man of the Year
- A $500 award is given to the man who best represents the ideals of Greek Life on the basis of scholarship; chapter, campus and community involvement; and public service. Recipient must be an OSU student and a member in good standing of an NIC fraternity. Contact the Interfraternity Council Office, 16 Memorial Union, Oregon State University, 541-737-5646.
Greek Woman of the Year
- A $500 award is given to the woman who best represents the ideals of Greek Life on the basis of scholarship; chapter, campus and community involvement; and public service. Recipient must be an OSU student and a member in good standing of an NPC Sorority. Contact the Panhellenic Council Office, 16 Memorial Union, Oregon State University, 541-737-7742.
Gayle Schumacher Memorial Scholarship
- Priority to "Greek" women of junior standing at OSU who show above average scholarship and leadership. Contact the Alpha Xi Delta Alum Judy Brazee, 541-752-4785.
- One $1000 scholarship for incoming freshman
- Two $500 scholarships for incoming freshmen
Alpha Gamma Rho
- FFA Scholarship $500: This scholarship is awarded to a high school senior that is an outstanding member of FFA. Applicants are interviewed during the annual FFA State Convention. The award is then presented during the convention to the young man who has shown the most leadership, involvement, and devotion to scholastics.
- Outstanding Freshman Scholarship $500: The Tim Wirth Scholarship is given each year during Mom's Weekend. This scholarship honors a freshman who has exhibited the characteristics most prized by our fraternity. The award is based mostly on scholarly achievement, university and community involvement, and leadership. Our entire membership votes on this scholarship.
- Outstanding Sophomore Scholarship $500: The Craig Lucht Scholarship is awarded to the sophomore in the chapter who shows the best scholarship, leadership, and involvement. It is voted on by all members and is given out on Mom's Weekend.
- Outstanding Member Scholarship $500: This scholarship is given out during Mom's Weekend and the entire membership votes to recognize a member who excels in academics consistency.
- Alpha Gamma Rho Foundation Scholarship $500: The Alumni Foundation of Alpha Gamma Rho gives a scholarship to the member who they feel is most contributing positively to the chapter house. The Alumni Foundation presents this award during winter term.
- Alpha Gamma Rho Match Funds Scholarship $1000: Our national fraternity offers a matching funds opportunity for each chapter. Our chapter gives $500 and national gives $500. Our executive council determines the member who exhibits the highest academic excellence and involvement. Financial need and individual improvement are considered as well.
- Alpha Gamma Rho Foundation Scholarship: One at $500 Major: all College of Agricultural Sciences; Year Sophomore, Junior or Senior; General Criteria, member of Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity, 3.0 minimum GPA and demonstrated leadership abilities.
- College of Agricultural Sciences Scholarship Awards: The College of Agricultural Science Scholarship Awards primarily to support students continuing their studies. Students considered for these scholarships are incoming or continuing students enrolling or enrolled in the CAS through OSU's Corvallis campus, the college's location on the Eastern Oregon University Campus in LaGrande, OSU's distance-education progrma, or OSU's dual-admission programs with select Oregon community colleges. Students with an agricultural science related interested enrolling or enrolled in the general agriculture, environmental science, or natural resources program at OSU's Cascade Campus are also considered. To apply for a continuing venture scholarship, complete the College of Agricultural Sciences Scholarships Application. The application must be received by the CAS Student Advancement Office by February 1. Applications can be obtained from your major program's departmental head advisor's office or from Student Advancement Office, College of Agricultural Sciences, 137 Strand Agriculture Hall, Corvallis, OR 97331-2002; 541-737-2211, email@example.com. Applications also may be downloaded or submitted via the web at http://agsci.oregonstate.edu/scholarships
- Any Forestry Major: Alpha Gamma Rho Foundation Scholarship: Awarded every third year to the forestry student who is a member of AGR with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Students MUST apply via the web links below depending on the college of their enrollment prior to February 1 each year.
- Scholarships based on academic performance and/or other criteria as noted. College of Forestry applications are due by February 1 of each year. Apply online at http://www.cof.orst.edu/cof/studserv/schols.phsp. For additional information contact Kira Hughes, College of Forestry, 140 Peavy Hall, 541-737-1594 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Alpha Tau Omega
- One $1000 scholarship to incoming freshmen (towards housing)
- Two $2000 scholarships per term (members only)
- Hollis D. Beasley Scholarship: usually four awards of $200 (open).
- E. J. "Dad" Harper Scholarship which is $2100 per term given three times yearly (members)
- Epsilon Delta Educational Trust: endowment, first year, and next year (new members only)
- Educational Trust Scholarship: $2500.00. One scholarship is given to a member for fall term.
- The Rosenkrans Memorial Scholarship - Annually more than $25,000 is awarded as scholarships to the members and associate members, regardless of class standing, based on academic success, active participation in the OSU Chapter of Delta Chi Fraternity and the OSU Community. Recipients must be active members in good standing residing in the Chapter house. Selection criteria include GPA, awards, chapter involvement, campus involvement, and community service. Up to five scholarships are also awarded to incoming freshmen based on academic success in high school. Contact the President of the Oregon State Chapter of Delta Chi at email@example.com for more information.
* Linus Pauling Scholarship: OSU first-year men achieving above a 3.2 GPA in highschool are eligible for the two (2) $1,000.00 scholarships which are
awarded based upon an applicant's committment to scholarship, leadership and service.
-Four Founding Principles Scholarship: OSU first-year men, pledging Delta Upsilon, whose ideals embody those of Delta Upsilon, it's members, and alumni to promote friendship, advance justice, diffuse liberal culture, and develop character are eligible for the four (4) $500.00 scholarships.
- Dave and Dorothy Blasen Scholarship Endowment Fund: $300 to a member of Kappa Sigma who is active in the Army ROTC. Contact ROTC at OSU.
- Thomas Walter Morrish Memorial Scholarship Endowment Fund: $500 to members who display outstanding commitment and participation with emphasis on athletics and scholastic achievement. For juniors or seniors with a GPA of 3.00 or above. Contact Kappa Sigma Fraternity, OSU Chapter.
- Christopher Wimpee Memorial Scholarship Endowment: $500 award to an active member with financial need, strong career goals, and a GPA of 3.50. Contact Kappa Sigma Scholarship Chair, OSU Chapter.
Lambda Chi Alpha
- Clayton Strain Memorial Scholarship: Numerous awards totaling averaging about $40,000 per year. For active members in good standing with the Alpha Lambda Chapter of Lambda Chi Alpha. Selection based on equal weighting of financial need, scholastic performance, service to the fraternity, and service to OSU.
- Alpha Lambda Scholarship Endowment Fund: Numerous scholarships totaling approximately $1,000. For active members in good standing with the Alpha Lambda Chapter of Lambda Chi Fraternity. Selections made based on equal weighting of financial need, scholastic performance, service to the fraternity, and service to OSU.
- Lambda Chi Alpha Trust Scholarship: $300 to $450 to an active member in good standing. Selection based on equal weighting of financial need, scholastic performance, service to the fraternity, and service to OSU.
- For all scholarships contact: Bill Deeks, Alpha Lambda Association, P. O. Box 1419, Beaverton, OR 97075
Phi Delta Theta
- Vane & Fern Gibson Memorial Award: Over $100 given to a junior in the chapter who has contributed to the betterment of the fraternity. Based on qualities of character, scholarship, leadership, and service. Must live in chapter house during junior year. Contact Erin Haynes, Chapter Advisor, OSU Alumni Relations, CH2M Hill Alumni Center.
Phi Gamma Delta
- F.A. "Doc" Gilfillan Memorial Scholarship High school senior gentlemen planning to attend OSU are eligible to apply for the $1,000 scholarship, which is awarded based upon an applicant's commitment to scholarship, leadership, and service. The Fraternity of Phi Gamma Delta funds the scholarship, and applications can be requested by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- C.H. "Scram" Graham Memorial Scholarship OSU first-year student men achieving above a 3.0 GPA in their first term at OSU are eligible for the $1,000 scholarship, which is awarded based upon an applicant's commitment to scholarship, leadership, and service. The Fraternity of Phi Gamma Delta funds the scholarship, and applications can be requested by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Phi Gamma Delta Academic Achievement Award The $250 Phi Gamma Delta Academic Achievement Award is given to every new member of the fraternity who earns above a 3.0 GPA during their first term of association with the fraternity. Further information can be obtained by contacting the fraternity at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kappa Omicron Academic Achievement Award The Kappa Omicron Chapter of Phi Gamma Delta awards a $200 scholarship each term to every member who achieves above a 3.0 GPA. Further information can be obtained by contacting the fraternity at email@example.com.
Phi Kappa Psi
- Donald J. McNeil Memorial Scholarship: $1000 to any senior.
Pi Kappa Phi
- $6000 in scholarships to new members in the fall term. The chapter also offers two$1000 and eight $500 scholarships.
Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- William L. Thomas SAE Scholarship Endowment Fund for an undergraduate student who is a member of Oregon Alpha chapter. Recipient must live in the chapter house all three terms while receiving award and be a member in good standing. Contact Oregon Alpha Chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon.
- Four $500 scholarships (members only)
- $500 scholarships for freshmen living in the chapter house
- $1000 scholarships for sophomores, juniors, and seniors living in the chapter house
Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Balance Man Scholarship: two $1000 and four $500 scholarships (incoming freshmen only)
- Oregon Alpha Endowment: six $3000 scholarships, given out annually (members only)
- U. G. DuBach Scholarship: 10 $200 scholarships given out every term (members only)
- Elizabeth Flanagan Kuni Scholarship Endowment Fund. $250.00 award to an active Sigma Phi Epsilon member who has completed three years of study at OSU with high cumulative grades. Contact the Sigma Phi Epsilon Scholarship Chair.
- Two $2000 scholarships (incoming freshmen)
- One $500 scholarship (incoming freshmen)
- Vane & Fern Gibson Memorial Chi Omega Scholarship. $100 to a Chi Omega member of junior standing in the Eta Alpha Chapter house. Must have contributed to the betterment of Chi Omega Sorority and OSU. Contact Pam Powell in the OSU Foundation.
- The June Shruff Carter Scholarship: $500 is offered for an OSU Chi Omega member. It is for a member with a GPA of 2.8 or higher and who has lived in the chapter house for one year.
- The Jean Peters Scholarship of $1,000 is awarded to a j unior member of Beta Upsilon Chapter of Delta Gamma each year. Requirements include involvement in Delta Gamma, campus involvement, community involvement, and to live in the the senior year. Contact Delta Gamma Salem Alumni Chapter for more information.
- Delta Gamma Foundation offers $1,000 scholarships for undergraduates, as well as $2,500 scholarships for alumni who are acquiring a master’s degree. Contact Vice President of Beta Upsilon Chapter for more information.
Kappa Alpha Theta
- Molly Muntzel Smith Award: $1275 and Martha (Marty) Smith White Award: $2925. For both the scholarships, applicants must be collegiate and alumnae members in good standing with the sorority. They are scored in four categories: academics, sorority activities, campus and/or community activities, and references. Foundation scholarships are merit-based.
- Hilda M. Jones Scholarship: $1000 to a member of Alpha Kappa Chapter of Kappa Delta. Based on service to Kappa Delta through leadership, fostering and promoting sisterhood, service to campus and community, scholastic achievement, and financial need. Contact Kappa Delta Scholarship Chairperson.
- Gayle Cook Schumacher Memorial Endowment Fund for any sorority member of junior standing at OSU who show above average scholarship and leadership. Contact Judy Brazee, Alumnus of Alpha Xi Delta at (541) 752-4785